Advisys Survey: College Funding VS. RetirementApril 1, 2018
Getting From Here to There: Tips on Closing the Retirement GapFebruary 5, 2019
Working in the insurance and financial planning space can be a very rewarding and fulfilling experience but as with any rewarding work, there are also challenges. One of these challenges is maintaining the client relationship and finding ways to add value to your client interactions. Often, an annual review is the best way to ensure that you are meeting your clients needs but these reviews can easily become a wasted opportunity if not handled carefully. Here are some helpful tips to make the most out of your time with the client.
- Come prepared: This may sound like a no-brainer but it’s the best rule of thumb you can follow. Create an agenda and think through how you can best use your time with the client. We know your time is valuable, let’s not forget theirs is too. Advisys provides a variety of client interaction forms so you can stay organized and on point.
- Talk Like a Person Not a Program: No one likes to feel like they are being sold, so make sure to keep things genuine and relaxed. The great part about working in this industry is that we really are here to help. Try using a few of Advisys’ industry best concept articles to get the conversation started.
- Prioritize and Reinforce Goals: Don’t forget that the review is about helping the client reach their goals, so be sure to use this opportunity to drive home how the actions that the client is taking is helping them work towards their personal benchmarks. Advisys has over 60 calculators you can use to motivate them to keep going.
- Identify New Opportunities: Change is a constant part of life and reviews present a great opportunity to learn how your clients needs may be shifting as a result of these changes. Try using a checklist from Advisys to quickly cover some of the most common life events that may require some attention from a financial professional.
- Educate Before Advising: Client trust is earned, not given, so be sure to have a concise way to justify the need for your recommendations. No better way to scare off a client then trying to sell them something they don’t understand the need for. Advisys allows you to create a needs analysis in just 10 minutes.
- Don’t Be Afraid to Keep it Simple: Conversations surrounding planning and risk mitigation can get complicated so be sure to keep the conversation at the client’s level of understanding. Sometimes a simple graph or flowchart can do wonders to help drive the point home. Advisys has dozens of useful illustrations you can access with just a click.
- Cover Yourself: Another great rule of thumb to close out our list. Don’t let miscommunications ruin a good thing. Find a way to make sure you and the client stay on the same page throughout their journey with you. Advisys provides a helpful record of reports so you can always look back and see what was discussed.
Advisys can be used to answer all your clients most important financial questions. See for yourself with a 15 minute personalized demo. Schedule Time